- Remove logs from center of kitchen area, sweep trash and ashes into center and dispose of in ash bucket
- Place logs back into center. Arrange in circle with burned tips touching. Fill in gaps with new logs or smaller sticks.
- Tear up small plastic bag (plasitco) and place pieces in center of logs. Cover with twigs (torn egg carton or coconut husk if available).
- Light plastico. Striking matches is tricky business here, as they burn out quickly. Match must be held upside- down immediately after lighting to ensure flame.
- Allow time for plastico to burn and twigs to catch fire. Fan with lid from water bucket if necessary.
- Place grate over fire. Add stabilizing stones under each leg (from pile of flat stones).
- Place water pot on grate. Fill with water from nearby barrel.
- Fire should be started no later than 6:15 to ensure warm bath water for entire family
- Logs should be monitored through day to ensure they’re touching
- This fire is used solely for bath water. The nearby carvão fueled by charcoal is used for cooking.